20 March 2008

my life being a helpdesk

i hardly talks bout my job being a helpdesk..

yeah, i'm the pathetic helpdesk.. but i really enjoy being a helpdesk, just because i heart talking to human being.. lookin back - my jobs were mostly a customer service person..

so.. i'm working on Easter Day *today*.. the downside being a pathetic helpdesk is to work during Malaysia Public Holidays.. but *lucky me* i get off during CNY..

besides i'm really damn broke.. i'm so desperate.. in need to get Public Holiday allowance + OT + mileage claims to pay off my credit card bills *weep* i owed AMEX few thousand dollars.. god, drop me some moolah can?

another major downside is.. when user is behaving like a menopause..

for eg, i just received a call from SG female user; stupidfcukinguser

she's the rudest person i ever seen heard..


stupidfcukinguser: haloooo, reset PW for me!!! *she has a rough voice*
me: can i verify...............?
stupidfcukinguser: go on!!! *again she raises her voice*
me: okay, hold on for a sec..
stupidfcukinguser: *sighing loudly*
me: here is the blah blah blah.. *angelic voice*
stupidfcukinguser: ok.. BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was dumbfcuked.. a very typical s.i.n.g.a.p.o.r.e.a.n!

&^%$#@*&+&^%$#@*&+

i was wondering is she suffering from menopause.. can't she has a higher EQ?

moral of the story : do no call a helpdesk when you are having PMS/menopause/being dumped/your cat died n the list goes on..

2 comments:

YBrat said...

Helpdesk job require a super hi EQ. You need to talk nicely when on the phone, and from behind u need to curse them gao gao..

ღ mk | serene ღ said...

ya, i meet all the requirements *shy shy*